Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: End Of Year Cruise - Sunday the 11th of December
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm 

Car(s): 1977 Tc Coupe
bit more off topic but a HUGE cruise down the beach park the cars at semaphore all in a line put a big banner up, and have a BBQ and a friendly chat over tea...very popular down there..OR as long as we can get a huge turnout we can get the Bellet boys as well and talk with the council about parking the gems on the lawn at the bottom of semaphore road and do it that way sort of a car show.. dunno there just my thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 am 

Car(s): 1982 TF/TG SL (Daily Project)
We need to do it early Jan, before I start stripping my car! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:43 am 

Car(s): 1982 TF/TG SL (Daily Project)
Also, I'll be more than happy to put GemiSA stickers all over my car once it's off the road, so we can get a bit more publicity at track days. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:16 pm 

Car(s): ZZ/Z sedan, TD SL/E coupe.
LILGEM wrote:
Well done to ethan and paul for this cruise. It was a shame we did'nt get more gemi's out there this year. Need to try to get out to these little runs and catch up's more often if this site/club is going to survive. 2012 we should be looking to get more members, new site banner,bigger cruises and Gemisa stickers made up. Also we should try and get some of our old members to get back out in their gemi's that we know they have sitting in their sheds colecting dust and help out the site that helped them learn and build their own cars. Gone a bit off topic but well done guys on this cruise. And my little girl loved it. She has laid claim to ''LIL GEM" now. (Maybe a new member in the future)

*looks in shed* hmmmmmmm, where do i start............. maybe with the dusting. :oops:

At least I had the d-max reppin'. 8-)

for a bit of nostalgia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf6gJ9Jn ... end=1&ob=5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:55 pm 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
Cool vid :) I'll have to dig mine up and post some more on youtube. That cruise was the pinnacle of the gemini days!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 am 

Car(s): ZZ/Z sedan, TD SL/E coupe.
The good old days ey antus? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:41 pm 

Car(s): 1977 Tc Coupe
Where have all these guys disappeared to?? Surely they all havent sold there gems whoever knows these guys/girls get em back lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm 

Car(s): TE Sedan, VT Commodore Wagon, VT Calais.
LILGEM wrote:
Well done to ethan and paul for this cruise. It was a shame we did'nt get more gemi's out there this year. Need to try to get out to these little runs and catch up's more often if this site/club is going to survive. 2012 we should be looking to get more members, new site banner,bigger cruises and Gemisa stickers made up. Also we should try and get some of our old members to get back out in their gemi's that we know they have sitting in their sheds colecting dust and help out the site that helped them learn and build their own cars. Gone a bit off topic but well done guys on this cruise. And my little girl loved it. She has laid claim to ''LIL GEM" now. (Maybe a new member in the future)

Ethan Did all the work for the charity cruise this year :)

My son also loved it. Keeps talking about the girl he was racing while we were sitting at Birdwood lol. He loved the run through the hills with all the "little cars like daddys" lmao. Next year I recon we should do a lot more driving, maybe down to the city first and do a lap there then up through the hills.

I made a thread in the reception forum about the club in 2012 and beyond. I hope we can get more Gems out, there was the same amount of Belletts this year and prior to the cruise I'd never seen one in the flesh lol.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 am 

Car(s): Many Many Many Geminis
They were pretty happy with the gathering, mainly thanks to Lachie in the Piazza to round out the family, but yeah...

Thing with the Bellett guys is, they've kept their distance from the Gem crowd pretty much since the Isuzu club went defunct a long time ago, and to the best of knowledge (as it's all way before my time) that was mainly because the Gem cruises held during that time were a little less... "professional" shall we say? Dave has mentioned this to me a couple of occasions in the past, and I've made sure to point out that I don't tolerate that driving on official cruises.
There is a bit of a generational gap as well I guess, as our cars do tend to be driven by a younger crowd.

I'm personally trying to restablish a good relationship between the two groups, as we can learn a lot from them, and they are an awesome group of blokes to hang out with! Also, with Gems following in their grandfather's footsteps, getting older and gradually rarer, it sort of makes sense for us to try and stick together with the rest of the family y'know? There aren't a heck of a lot of us Isuzus left going around period!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:34 pm 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
I agree on the Bellett/Gemini thing. Ive been trying to push the concept of isuzu love for both groups. Part of the problem also is just the eras of cars. The belletts are all 60s, and geminis are 70s for the earlys and 80s for the lates, and thats quite a gap in style of car. To me they all have their merits, but someone who loves their 1966 bellett might consider a TF gemini something completely different. But that doesnt really matter, variety is good. Geminis will pick up again in popularity in the next 10 years, especially if we can help the cause :) They are just in a bit of a lul right now - very common in too many peoples memory, and they havnt noticed yet that it is no longer true!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next