Change font size
It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 pm 

Car(s): TE Sedan, VT Commodore Wagon, VT Calais.
A few idea's I've come up with. These may or may not be shit, and some may be irrelevent to this topic. Give me a break it's 1am ;)

1. Change of website - Design a front page with some shit on it lol. Maybe have a banner with link to the forum and have 'Featured Gemini of the Month' on there with a write up about someone's car/project; could drum up some interest in other peoples cars. Also have some other links of interest regarding Gemini's, a bit of an introduction on the club and stuff like that. If need be, I used to make websites yearsssss ago and wrote the HTML/PHP scripts from hand.

2. I'd be keen to organise the Christmas charity cruise and hold it annually if noone minds, seemed like we had a good turnout and it's for a good cause :P

3. deleted one this cause it was gay.

4. Get some fliers up advertising the car club at U-Pull-it, Autobarn, Sprints, Supercheap, Local Deli's etc.

5. Look into car show events, probably the smaller ones and maybe have a display there, with a big banner with the website/club name. I'm pretty sure LILGEM could have a display to themself :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 am 

Car(s): 1981 TE gemini, 1978 TD sedan
i think eli's comment about making our presence know on the open car forums is a great idea, recently there has been 2 massive cruises on with over 500 cars on the cruise most of which being classics and there wasnt any gemini's to be seen.

at work i speak to people all day long who love gemini's and would love to see more of them even though they are into different cars, i think with a bit of hard work just getting the gemini name out there and advertising the site a little better we can get some more people back into the gemini's.

i also agre with previous comments about people having more disposable income and driving newer cars, but this disposable income makes buying a gemini for a few grand and doing some quick cheap mods is easy to do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 am 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
If your talking about the Jaff cruise at the end of last year, I had my gemini down there at the start, and saw a sedan there too (but I was too far when I saw it to go say hi). Then got a phone call about a defect station out the front of the cruise and 3 out of 4 of us decided not to risk it and left from the start! argh. The one guy who stayed on the cruise reported no problems, though.

Guess for other multi car type cruises we should post up when they are and if anyones going, get some gemisa.net stickers for the cars and cruise in convoy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 pm 

Car(s): 1981 TE gemini, 1978 TD sedan
antus wrote:
If your talking about the Jaff cruise at the end of last year, I had my gemini down there at the start, and saw a sedan there too (but I was too far when I saw it to go say hi). Then got a phone call about a defect station out the front of the cruise and 3 out of 4 of us decided not to risk it and left from the start! argh. The one guy who stayed on the cruise reported no problems, though.

Guess for other multi car type cruises we should post up when they are and if anyones going, get some gemisa.net stickers for the cars and cruise in convoy.

yeah thats the one Antus, i did see a couple when i was there so i probably didnt explain myself properly. i mean if a group of 10-15 gems rocked up all at the same time and parked together it would look great.

i always see plenty of gems cruising around these days but its always only 1 or 2. we need more numbers out there i guess is what im trying to say.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm 

Car(s): TG Gemini,TE gemini,79 coupe,78 TD pano,TG racecar
I think that we should try to get our new members more involved. so far this month there has been 8 new members in 8 days. thats one per day (No shit!) The last 60members we've had there is only about 10 that have decent post counts.The new members are looking for a gemi site or club so they sign up but most never take the step of getting involved in the forum by posting their thoughts or cars. Why is that? I also think that a 'Feature gemini of the month' is a great idea. It hopfully will inspire more people to get on the site more and work on there cars more. I also think that the current members should try to stop all the bitch fights, and make an effort to get post counts up by talking and commenting on other members about their cars. Then more people will come onto the site more often cos there will be more to read. The BBQ idea between members would be a good idea too. I would love to host one where we build up and store all the gems at my brothers house. But the only thing is he lives out north(salisbury) which makes it hard for some of our members to go out that far. (And i'd have to convince his misses) Every time i do any thing to the gemis i try to post them up asap to try to keep the site going. But if every one starts putting up post's like "look what i've done" or ''What do you think of me doing this" that alone should help keep the site more interesting 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:45 pm 

Agreed on all points. Note though that the majority of new users are likely spammers recruiting accounts for later use after they've flown under the radar, but its impossible to know until they do something. Since the forum can be read as a guest probably those who post are the real guys. Ive been noticing of late the forum has been coming more alive. Lately theres been posts every few hours or at least 2 or 4 minimum per day. On the old server when it was running shit slow and had DNS problems sending people to spam sites randomly everday we got down to the point where there may be one post in 2 or 3 days. So, things are looking up!

Maybe lets BBQ in a central park, that way no house owner has to be convinced :) Maybe even bonython park. Im pretty sure you can park in there somewhere, and there will be lots of people around to see the cars lined up, and it doesnt get much more central.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 pm 

Car(s): tg gemi sedan , TE panel van
maybe we could get some T shirts and jackets made up maybe by us wearing them it might attrack people to the site just an idea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 pm 

Maybe we need a 'promotions manager' who can do all this haha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:07 pm 

Car(s): IPRA G180 TX coupe, TURBO TX COUPE
Maybe we should form a committee

:roll:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm 

Car(s): ZZ/Z sedan, TD SL/E coupe.
You could re-form the club although it's a lot of hard work, You need a president, vice pres, tresurer, secretary, historic rego officer (if you go that way) club committee members etc etc.

The club must meet a certain amount of times per year, register the club name through the proper channels, keep club financial records, tax records etc, meetings minuted and documented, etc.

Historic rego must be handled through the proper channels and will only allow you to drive the car for 90 days of the year. All day's of use must be logged in your log book and checked/signed off once per year by the historic rego officer. Breaches of these rules can see the historic rego privleges stripped from the club and/or the club disbanded (in extreme circumstances).

More can be read here
http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport, ... e+vehicles

I'm all for the club promotion with meets and cruises etc. I think also that alot of people keep their cars parked up due to the so called 'hoon laws' and the policing of older vehicles (defects etc).

Gemini's can be an expensive vehicle when you need to do rust repairs, find bits to keep it legal and all that, when, for a little more money you can buy a turbocharged nissan, toyota, mitsubishi and do some cheap mods to make them go hard. Chuck a turbo on a gem, make it go as hard and to keep it legal you need to engineer it. $$$$$$

I love my gems but I think the reason for the decline is the old 'Bang for ya buck'.

PS possibly my longest post ever :shock:

Keep up the good work guys, and keep the ideas coming.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next