Change font size
It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Oakden
Car(s): 1977 Tc Coupe
yeah great idea as we said on the cruise perhaps the adelaide oval carpark because its pretty central to everything and everywhere a cruise may want to go.

Also maybe organise to have a bbq down at semaphore or something like that one saturday night because there is a huge carpark and everyone can just sit down, meet and greet and a bit of a show off of the members cars.

Also might add that by going on the cruise today was great because you actually got to meet people outside of sending them a message, you got to see them and there beast in person.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 am
Posts: 250
Car(s): 4x coupes, VS 5.0l,Series 1&2 Rx7
Theres some really good ideas flowing here.
I would be happy to offer the workshop for a meeting point
It is at Salisbury Plains but....
The workshop is 600 odd square meters in size
When I first moved in we could of fit 50 gems in there easy.
Now that the hoist , spray booth, lunch room etc is set up theres probably only room for 20-30
Although we could fit a couple hundred in the carpark.
Theres a fridge toilet bbq etc and the bonus of chucking each others gemis up on the hoist for a perve.
I've been keen to inform members for a while.
The workshop is government funded to train unemployed and guide them into employment.
At this stage things are slow so hence the offer.
Where can you get a car serviced and tuned for $25 plus parts???
Or engine swaped for $50??
Yes it isnt the same as a proper workshop where things are done by the hour, its a training centre.
Things will take a bit longer.
This in my mind could be a great way to get the Gemini comunity more involved and well known.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:56 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 pm
Posts: 198
Location: seaton
Car(s): 1985 toyota corona avanti sedan
Good ideas are coming from this post, fine i dont have a gemini anymore but still heaps of parts toget rid of, it's only a suggestion but if u r looking at doing different cruises maybe some could be incorporated to pick up much need parts 4 other members who r trying 2 get their geminis on the road, because there are so many members in different parts of this state they find it hard 2 come get the parts 4 sale on the site that nothing is really selling quick enough meaning alot of parts r scraped.
Some members r in close proximinty to each other they maybe able 2 pick parts up 4 these members, it wouldn't hurt the cruises if some 1 is nominated 2 pick parts up 4 members.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:11 pm
Posts: 720
Car(s): TE Sedan, VT Commodore Wagon, VT Calais.
I'm keen for Sunday meets though I won't be able to make all of them, work roster is tues-sat on arvo shift and have two kids, one with special needs.

Could organise a meet one day, with a short cruise then all go go-carting or something like that. The mrs suggested that as some of us have kids, maybe have a 'kid friendly' cruise one time, and follow a usual cruise route but stop at some nice parks for a bit so the kids can get out and have a bit of a play, and everyone can have a chat there, instead of just stopping at car parks.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm 

Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 am
Posts: 366
Location: Adelaide, Gulfview Heights
Car(s): 1982 TF/TG SL (Daily Project)
Pavlos wrote:
I'm keen for Sunday meets though I won't be able to make all of them, work roster is tues-sat on arvo shift and have two kids, one with special needs.

Could organise a meet one day, with a short cruise then all go go-carting or something like that. The mrs suggested that as some of us have kids, maybe have a 'kid friendly' cruise one time, and follow a usual cruise route but stop at some nice parks for a bit so the kids can get out and have a bit of a play, and everyone can have a chat there, instead of just stopping at car parks.


That's a great idea! Definitely keen to see this happen.

_________________
You put your Left Foot in, You put your Right Foot in, You take your Left Foot out and you Slide it all about.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Adelaide Hills
Car(s): ZZ/Z sedan, TD SL/E coupe.
OK, so how about the 20th of march? It's a Sunday. The 3rd weekend of the month. Time is yet to be set and is open to suggestion. This will also be one month since our last cruise.

Meet at Adelaide oval? then maybe a beach cruise or something like that? Could head down towards semaphore? Not fussed. Any other central Park or Landmark is also open to suggestion. This would become our regular meeting point so think carefully.

Suggestions?

This would be a 1 or 2 hour meet followed by a cruise.

P.S, I know this is not the official cruise thread, this is trying to promote the 'club' and introduce members. ;)

Pete.

_________________
Image
TG ZZ/Z, TG SL/X, TD SL/E


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:10 pm
Posts: 593
Location: Morphett Vale
Car(s): 1981 TE gemini, 1978 TD sedan
MR ZZZ wrote:
OK, so how about the 20th of march? It's a Sunday. The 3rd weekend of the month. Time is yet to be set and is open to suggestion. This will also be one month since our last cruise.

Meet at Adelaide oval? then maybe a beach cruise or something like that? Could head down towards semaphore? Not fussed. Any other central Park or Landmark is also open to suggestion. This would become our regular meeting point so think carefully.

Suggestions?

This would be a 1 or 2 hour meet followed by a cruise.

P.S, I know this is not the official cruise thread, this is trying to promote the 'club' and introduce members. ;)

Pete.

i dont know about everyone else but i will be watching the clipsal 500 at that time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site promotion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Adelaide Hills
Car(s): ZZ/Z sedan, TD SL/E coupe.
G3MBR0 wrote:
i dont know about everyone else but i will be watching the clipsal 500 at that time.



Ha! valid point Gembro. I forgot that was on :lol:

Any way, maybe the weekend after then.....

27th then? :oops:

*edit* new thread made in the cruise section.

_________________
Image
TG ZZ/Z, TG SL/X, TD SL/E


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net