Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Seat Belt Information
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:45 pm 

Car(s): 1977 Tc Coupe
Hi Guys and Gals

I recently purchased new seat belts for my Gemini as the old ones weren't looking so good anymore and after all the mucking around finally found some so thought I would pass on the information I have on to you guys.

The bad news you can't get them.....

BUT

What you can get are "one-size-fits-all" seat belts! They are pretty much the standard looking stuff you get on your everyday car but the upside is they are legal!
However there is another 'BUT' there is only 2 companies in Australia who are ADR approved to sell seat belts therefore they are not cheap! I paid $105 dollars each!!
The next hardest part is getting your hands on them! I tried Sprints, Bursons, Repco the lot! Now for some reason one Sprint Auto Parts told me I couldn't get any, the next told me they had to order them from Queensland however I ended up at Sprint Auto Parts Enfield and he got them straight out of there warehouse so I'm not sure what the story is!
Anyway next thing is installation! Putting them in my 1977 TC Coupe there was a couple of issues. FIrstly there is no listing for a 77 however I measured the lengths and I believe they will fit all models. The bolts that came in the box did not have the same thread as the standard ones and this then meant the holes in the mounting brackets for the seat belts were not big enough to fit the washers/bolts. To combat this i just drilled the holes slightly larger. There wasn't massive modification needed! Also out of the two that I bought they were both slightly different. One was identical to standard however the second one, where the lap sash bolts to the floor instead of a small plate in the shape of a triangle it was a larger longer rectangular plate. This didn't change the way it mounted at all but just a warning i guess!
So there is a quick overview. Sprint Auto Parts Enfield I found to be the only guys who could access them and had them on there computer system (everywhere else needed to get them from Queensland with myself paying for postage as well), so I would recommend them.

BRAND: APV-S Safety Products
PART NUMBER: K1512

There you go!
Chris

Post subject: Re: Seat Belt Information
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:44 pm 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
Interesting. When I last bought them I paid a lot more than that from wilshire motor trimmings, but they were off the shelf. I guess things change. Cheers for the info!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]