Change font size
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: g180w on delco EFI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
Pictures paint a thousand words, so I'll keep the text short.

This is a stock G180W in a Bellett GT. The hardware was lifted from an N13 pulsar and fitted to this engine, with the exception of the distributor which is an RB distributor cut down and with the vacuum advance disconnected as the ecu does the timing. The tune was taken from my G200W, and the injector rate changed from .100 .112 to account for the engine capacity change. I did not have a timing light to verify spark alignment, so to give a point of reference there is a picture of exactly how the distributor was aligned. Keep in mind that I think the distributor is retarded a few degrees thus the actual spark values in the tune may be a couple of degrees more advanced than they should be fir a car where the distributor is installed exactly neutral or with coil packs. This car also didnt have the VSS (speed) sensor connected, so the tune had that error 'masked' so that it doesnt light the check engine light.

The throttle body was modified as pictured, though after the picture was taken we found issues with the car intermittently idling too high. This was because the throttle return spring was too lose, so we cut it down further to increase the resistance, and adjusted the butterfly stop screw to let less air through and that sorted that out. I was very happy with the result, the car pulled significantly harder than it did running the n13 pulsar tune that it had prior. I would definitely recommend this set up and can answer questions for anyone wishing to try it.

The tune is in the bin file, and needs to be written to a 32kb 28 pin eprom or eeprom and installed in to the memcal in the ecu. If you just wish to inspect the tune you can open the bin tunerpro rt 5, using the ose12p v111 definitions available in the zip here http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/view ... f=27&t=356

Attachments:
Isuzu G180W 12p v111 no vss.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 435 times
engine bay 1.jpg
engine bay 1.jpg [ 279.24 KiB | Viewed 4017 times ]
engine bay 2.jpg
engine bay 2.jpg [ 288.33 KiB | Viewed 4017 times ]
distributor alignment.jpg
distributor alignment.jpg [ 137.84 KiB | Viewed 4017 times ]
throttlebody.jpg
throttlebody.jpg [ 153.25 KiB | Viewed 4017 times ]
interior.jpg