Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 4ZE1 dizzy as a CAS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:16 pm 

Car(s): TX SR20DET, TX G200W, Dato 1200 Ute
Ive got a whole rebuilt 4ze1 never been started or installed. Just a project that never happened. Dont want to part it up but does that interest you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:01 pm 

Car(s): IPRA G180 TX coupe, TURBO TX COUPE
Tempt me some more!!! If you have a price in mind and some pics I could be interested.
A 4ze1 + T28 = Fun and would be a good starting point to get my race car running with efi turbo, then progress to a higher power engine / turbo combo.

Chat soon!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:47 am 

Car(s): TX G180W+T, TE G180W, TG G180Z, Piazza 4ZC1T +more
Turbocoupe75 wrote:
I'm reading and learning., keep it coming as my brain is like a slowly dripping sponge!!

I know the feeling! I had about a year and a half of that while I figured out the Microtech MT8 and then the Megasquirt 2! :shock:

Turbocoupe75 wrote:
PS WTB non cracked piazza turbo manifold and any late model 4zE1 head with closed chambers!

Uncracked Piazza manifolds are almost nonexistent, I've been looking for one just to complete my backup/original setup, and I know of two others who are looking for one too, the problem is half of the people selling them don't care enough to look properly. Also if you find one, hot tip, don't try to remove the EGR bolt, that's how I cracked mine...

My two cents, don't run a T2 series turbo on an E1, they're just too small for it. Even my GTX3071R's 0.64 rear is borderline too small, well in my opinion it's just right but I have ridiculous boost creep with a 38mm external gate, it goes to show how much exhaust gas is trying to get through, it's creeping to 25psi in the top end so I just expect a T28 would nuke itself. Even an older (and cheaper) T3 turbo would go well on an E1 I reckon.

Hey Ant - I'm probably going to try 4x DIYAutoTune IGN-1 coils as the specs are good on them, I've heard LS are good but on paper the IGN-1 and IGN-1A are better - time will tell if the specs are accurate in the real world...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:05 pm 

archangel62 wrote:

Uncracked Piazza manifolds are almost nonexistent, I've been looking for one just to complete my backup/original setup, and I know of two others who are looking for one too, the problem is half of the people selling them don't care enough to look properly. Also if you find one, hot tip, don't try to remove the EGR bolt, that's how I cracked mine...

My two cents, don't run a T2 series turbo on an E1, they're just too small for it. Even my GTX3071R's 0.64 rear is borderline too small, well in my opinion it's just right but I have ridiculous boost creep with a 38mm external gate, it goes to show how much exhaust gas is trying to get through, it's creeping to 25psi in the top end so I just expect a T28 would nuke itself. Even an older (and cheaper) T3 turbo would go well on an E1 .

thanks for the turbo advice I have a nice collection of miss matching bits at the moment and am desparate to build a turbo motor, being a perfectionist with a limited budget and time is frustrating I want to do it properly to avoid headaches and disappointment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:04 pm 

Ive messaged my mate who physically has the engine and owns a 50% share. I'll update this thread shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:39 pm 

keep me updated :)

-been reading through the DELCO site....so much info to learn, Ive never looked into that sort of thing before, it would be quite an interesting and achievable project to under take.
Budget builds is the way to go, the satisfaction of DIY is always better that shelling out big$$ for shiny brand name bits that instantly worthless as soon as they are removed from the box.

I have been looking at my pile of parts and I looks like the best way to go is a T28 EFI with a barrel cooler at the moment, The Delco stuff im very interested in learning about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm 

I'll PM you about the engine.

The delco stuff is reasonably straight forward. You can get an efi loom and sensors off an N13 pulsar or JE camira. Also some kind of EFI pump from anything and an ABS brake sensor off a commodore. Then you can notch the engine balancer from a template and make up a mount to hold the ABS sensor so that it triggers off the notches in the balancer. This will then allow you to run commodore coils a D1927A module (see ebay usa, probably import 2 so you have a spare). Also find an EFI manifold to suit your engine. The 4ZE1 manifold is fine for a 4Z engine and has a standard throttle sensor but its digital only. Good thing is you can get a VL commodore auto TPS which is a direct swap which also includes an analog output suitable for the delco. Im not sure what that manifold has for idle air solenoid, but im sure we can make up or swap in something. You would probably also want aftermarket injectors with higher flow rate, and would need a 2 bar or 3 bar map depending on how much boost you want to run (all the factory map sensors are 1 bar in AU, which can not meter boost).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2