Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 56   [ 555 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next
 Post subject: What's happening with YOUR Gemini at the moment?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:35 pm 

Car(s): TX G180W+T, TE G180W, TG G180Z, Piazza 4ZC1T +more
Just thought I'd help kick off the new forum, and start a nice easy chat.

What's happening with YOUR Gemini at the moment? What have you just done to it, what's on the cards, and how's it go?

My blue TE aka "The Daily/Abigail" is defected, just ripped the G161-200Z out of it to fix the oil leaks. I think it's leaking from the gearbox, sump, and maybe rear rocker cover seal, at a scary rate... Need that fixed for regency, but other than that it should all be good. Last time I drove it it went like mad, I love the high comp. engine. I'll be putting my 2.25" full system on it soon, 32/36 weber and maybe electronic ignition, hoping to see 70rwkw, maybe more.

The TX aka "The Project/Indigo" is gathering dust as I'm currently unemployed, and it's big $$$ from here on. I snapped the exhaust cam in half during assembly, and snapped one of the braces, because the timing chain was holding a huge amount of tension from rotating backwards... It was a bit of a horror story, really unlucky, but I should have a new cam etc soon. I need to get the gearbox to mate up, it doesn't seem to want to. Next on the cards is a Garrett GT2860RS turbo, so I'll definitely need a job for that...

How about everyone else?

Post subject: Re: What's happening with YOUR Gemini at the moment?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:27 pm 

im tyring to sell mine... does that count?? lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 pm 

Car(s): Orange TE 1981
Well i got my orange G180 TE, need to get off my ass and organise some touch up paint and touch it all up.
At the moment i have a main bearing clicking pretty loudly but i figure it should be fine to leave it?
As soon as i have time aka finish school so in like 8 weeks or something will be putting in piazza fuel injection side, and megsquirt computer and tuning that up myself. Then later on, engine rebuild decomped, new everything and then will put the piazza turbo on and retune to account for that.

Any recommendations for the rebuild, as to what pistons/parts.bearing i can/should use, pistons from other cars ect. Its a G180 stage 2 cam and apparently mild head work, apparently a gemracing engine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm 

Car(s): Light Blue TE Sedan
I get my license back in 3 months... so i'm slowly getting off my arse of countless hours on the ps3 and starting to clean up and paint my new engine and get it back together. So that when i do get my license back i will ACTUALLY have a car to drive.

Then after a month or 2 of that, my brother and i will begin putting the turbo setup together. Then i can have some fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:35 am 

Car(s): TX G180W+T, TE G180W, TG G180Z, Piazza 4ZC1T +more
Sammy don't drop the compression unless you absolutely have to, or unless it's a drag (strip) only car. If it's a G180Z it should be about 8.5:1 compression, you wouldn't want to go below 8.2 or maybe 8 depending on what kinda boost you want to run, but remember, less compression = more lag, which is the last thing you want in a G***Z turbo. Sounds pretty awesome though. As for the main bearing, is it getting worse? lol. Time will tell really. High RPM and load whilst cold should be massively avoided if it is on it's way.

max, sounds good, might be a bit hard to keep the license with a turbo though ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 am 

Car(s): Orange TE 1981
Ohh okay i will be leaving it at 8.5:1 then most likely, im only looking to run 8 pound or so but maybe more like 12ish later on. didn't know what it was at the moment, thanks!
I always let my car warm up, especially while the bearing the way it is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:33 pm 

Car(s): Blown V6 Panelvan
Not doing too much with it at the moment, washed the dust off it a few weeks back and put rego on it. Just sits in the shed most of its life, waiting for hot summer nights.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:12 pm 

red wagon - sitting there motor built waiting for me to buy the mirotech

purple sedan- just rebuilt the motor put that in just going over the whole car doing the fuel system atm got all the efi manifolds on got the comuter mounted and half the loom in slowly getting there just all the little bits and peices

will be ready for summer tho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 pm 

Car(s): TD wagon, Dodge Dart and a Valiant convertible, C
I work on my little green wagon when I can, (like us all, I guess), but I went a bit silly with the axe, and now have to put it back together, and turn it purple at the same time. Also building a Dodge when I can, just a "little tidy-up"....Why is it the simple little things take so long to accomplish??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm 

Car(s): TD panelvan (in the build), datsun 1200 ute
my panelvan is sitting in the driveway soon to be put in the garage to have its heart ripped out and replaced with a two litre then i'll attempt to fix the side panels then another coat of paint and she'll either be back on the road or up for sale

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 56   [ 555 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next